Tuesday 1 April 2014

onwards

After the excitement of sundays 10 miles I woke up feeling like my legs had ran a marathon.  I dragged myself down to Kevin's Spin class at Virgin optimisticaly hoping to loosen them off a bit but it really just succeeded in wiping me out for the rest of the day. But felt good to try and get myself into my old routine.  Be interesting to see if I can manage this when I am back at work.  I had visits to GP and Brain Injury Clinic this week and they both seemed cautiously positive about me returning to work fairly soon.  Physicaly I am going to be fine at work, I am just waiting for the brain to catch up, it currently seems reluctant to concentrate for longer than a few minutes.  It was just a very short run on tuesday, but feeling better by wednesday and managed morning spin class and a 10k run. Thursday morning I did bodypump still using lighter weights than normal and ran back from the gym- about 20minutes.  Friday things went a bit backwards, I was feeling pretty fatigued all day and only managed a short run to do the friday night Peckams beer run.  Saturday was long run time, I managed to coax fellow Bellas Greig and Brendon into my short slow long run group.  Greig only has one fit leg at the moment and Brendon has only had about 1 run in the last month so we were all well matched. 16km round to Glasgow green at back, easy pace with some good chat.  Felt a lot more comfortable than last week so progress is being made.

So 1st full week back running 6 weeks post brain explosion it is a weekly total of 35km, plus 2 spin classes and 1 body pump.  Happy with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment