Saturday 21 February 2015

Carnethy5

I should really get my arse in gear and reactivate this blog with some race reports, so here goes with a Carnethy 5 quicky.  I am back in business after the minor hiccup that was 2014.  Training has been going well in the last month after sorting out my IT band problems so I was well up for Carnethy5 hill race last weekend, especially as last year I was absent due to being camped up in ward 65 at the Southern General.  This year the race fell on Valentines day, so I offered Elsie the chance of a romantic post race meal at Beeslack High School, unfortunately I was rejected and had to spend it in the company of Bellahouston Road Runner's David Stakes (always a pleasure).  Weather was perfect for a fast time this year, but there wasn't quite enough in the legs for a sub 60 run this year, but feels like fitness is heading in the right direction.

Great to head home with a specially brewed beer to celebrate the 45th edition of the race too.  Not a bad wee beer.


Off to Falkirk tomorrow for the national XC champs, looking like a wet, wet, wet one.

No comments:

Post a Comment