Wednesday 25 February 2015

National XC Champs, Falkirk

After Carnethy last week this was part 2 of "do the races I missed because of the brain haemorrhage" week.  The national XC champs are on a 12k undulating course in Callender park, Falkirk.  I normally love this race but the apocalyptic weather forecast slightly dulled my enthusiasm for it.  I originally had grand plans to do the race as part of a long run, perhaps coming back towards Glasgow along the canal after the race.  But a hard week at work and the freezing rain meant this plan was quietly shelved in exchange for doing a few extra laps of the course to get some bonus miles in.  The race turned into a bit of a suffer fest for me as my stomach went to pot on the 2nd lap and lap 3 was just hanging on in the hope of reaching the portaloos in time.  Though in these conditions I don't think anyone would have noticed if I had just let rip down my legs.  Fortunately there were some good performances from the other Bellas which lifted us to a fairly respectable 11th team which isn't a bad result at the nationals especially as many of our xc speedsters were absent.

Looking forward to a nice week of training with no races to distract next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment