Monday 2 March 2015

Week 1 ACP training

An invitation to run at the Anglo Celtic Plate for the Scotland means a wee change in racing plans for the year.  Originally the plan was to run the Highland Fling in April as I built towards the West Highland Way race in June.  I nearly bit Adrian's hand off when he offered me a place in the Scotland team despite the unpleasant prospect of having to run 100km on the road.  So Highland Fling is out (3rd consecutive DNS!) and Anglo Celtic Plate is in. I'm not really sure it will make for an ideal WHW race build up but as Adrian Stott sagely pointed out to me it didn't seem to do Paul G any harm last year.

In a bid to make my training a bit more focused I think I'll try and blog my training each week Steve Way stylee over the next 10 weeks. 10 weeks! not very long to try and get some road speed in the legs, but here goes...

Mon
am:
Spin 45mins inc 2x11 min climbs with microsurges
Run commute
pm:
bella session inc 10xhill loops bella park tempo effort
31.6km

Tue
Recovery, run commute 16.2km

Wed
Run commute plus Glasgow Green tempo session 6laps 14.5km @ 4min/km pace
Total 35.6km

Thur
Recovery 2 x run commute 15.5km

Fri
Recovery
Run commute x3 16.1km (actually some more in there but watch went on the wonk, lets not quibble over a couple of km)

Sat
40km at ACP Pace including Pollok parkrun
40km 4.27/km

Sun
Time on feet bonk run (off road/hills)
Milngavie-Killearn and over Dumgoyne
33km/800m climbing about 3 1/2 hours in a wibbly glycogen depleted state. Fun.

Total for week
189.2km
Biggest mileage week for some time, amazing the rocket up the arse a Scotland vest will give you. Lets see if I can maintain it....

No comments:

Post a Comment