Sunday 15 March 2015

Week 3 ACP Training. Cutback week.

I had originally penciled in next week for a cutback week but my legs were pretty goosed after the Borders marathon at the weekend so I decided to bring it forward to this week- listen to your body and don't be a slave to the schedule and all that.  So just short run commutes at an easy pace monday tuesday. On wednesday we were down in Cumbria seeing E's mum and dad and I was still feeling a bit overtired so just had an undulating 10miler round the farm. Legs finally started to come back to me by the end of the week and so squeezed in a couple of sessions, 10 Gardner St hill reps, and some sustained tempo hills on friday. Main key session was on Saturday where I decided to have another go at sustaining target ACP pace over around marathon distance. I did this on the canal running from Falkirk back home to Glasgow. It is a bit soul destroying running on the canal, but it's a good place for trying to maintain a consistent pace. Average pace was about 4.27/km going through marathon distance in about 3:07 so a wee bit faster than last week at Borders marathon, not really surprising given the lack of wind. Effort wise it felt a bit easier this week although mentally it is a bit harder doing this on your own rather than in a race.  Sunday the plan was to do 20 ish at an easy pace on tired legs. However I felt a wee IT band twinge about 15km in, and then to top it off a bird shat on my head. I decided things were heading in a bad direction and decided to cut the run short and get the legs recovered and hopefully nip any IT Band issues in the bud.  Massage booked for tomorrow and will be doing the ITB rehab routine religiously.

 ITB REHAB ROUTINE

No comments:

Post a Comment